Private jet charters will cater for their wealthy clients’ every need, such as a red carpet arrival, concierge, and plenty of free-flowing Champagne – but that is apparently not enough for some super-rich passengers.
Here Victor, an on-demand private jet hire service, has shared its most extravagant requests received around the Christmas period.
One customer requested that their private jet was chartered to Lapland, Finland, for the benefit of their children. Understandably, they wanted the full festive works.
1. Christmas canapés, mulled wine, and mince pies.
2. A DJ playing classic Christmas number ones on the way out.
3. A Christmas film – Miracle On 34th Street, naturally – for the journey home.
4. Full Christmas decor, including tinsel and stockings, with sweets which were hung on the back of seats.
5. Christmas dinner with all the trimmings. “There was roast turkey, stuffing, potatoes, pigs-in-blankets, and Brussels sprouts, which we arranged via our in-flight catering contacts,” according to a Victor spokesman.
6. A Christmas doggy bowl. “There was even a Christmas doggy bowl of treats for the family pet and strategically placed mistletoe in the cabin’s various doorways,” the company added.
It’s not just during the Christmas period that the company gets bizarre requests either. “We’ve allowed the redecoration of a jet cabin for a wedding – complete with balloon arches, buffet tables, cake stands, and DJ booth,” the spokesman said.
The jet charter has also had some unusual catering demands. Victor said it works with On Air Dining, an in-flight catering company, to provide “all manner of sky-high fine dining” experiences for clients.
“However, catering requests often extend far beyond this and our team will help facilitate them down to the smallest detail,” the spokesman revealed.
[A] customer once flew Victor with nine identical pugs. We’ve also flown … 10 small bunny rabbits … from London to central Europe
“We’ve previously arranged sushi from Sumosan [restaurant] in London for a party of 80 and separately crabs from Joe’s Crab Shack in Florida for a flight to the Caribbean. At short notice we once had to source pickled onion Monster Munch crisps for a major businessman on a flight from Eastern Europe.”
Victor also offers a “Pets on Jets” service which allows dogs – and many other animals – to fly with their owners, and its had some bizarre requests from animal-mad clients.
“One member asked to take 10 cases of gourmet dog food on board with them, just so that their pooch had an entire menu of tailored,” according to Victor.
“We’ve flown five falcons on a Dassault Falcon 7X jet, and another customer once flew Victor with nine identical pugs. We’ve also flown an 80kg Leonberger dog from London to France, and, separately, 10 small bunny rabbits on a flight from London to central Europe.”